One of my favourite treatments is the RegenPRP facial also popularly known as the Vampire Facial (although I don’t like that term, it was coined by the media to make it sound “sexy”).
The only thing sexy about this treatment is that it uses your own growth factors from your blood plasma to rejuvenate the skin. It’s a form of bio-rejuvenation.
Platelet Rich Plasma (containing growth factors and plasma) have many functions including:
- Angiogenesis – increasing blood circulation to the area treated, so perfect for dark circles under the eyes and bringing back a little glow to the skin.
- Antibacterial – fighting against bacteria so perfect for acne prone skin.
- Restructuring dermal layers by stimulating the production of collagen and elastin, firming the skin.
- Acts as project managers to attract and boost new cells e.g. natural moisturising factors and hyaluronic acid to hydrate and plump the skin.
- Contains rich nutrients and antioxidants which feeds and repair the skin.
- Thickening the epidermal layers, making it more resilient, less sensitive and prevent transepidermal water loss.
A RegenPRP facial can be enhanced by other modalities e.g. light skin peel, micro-needling and/or application of light therapy after the treatment.
There are different types of PRP treatment:
- RegenPRP Vampire Facial – where only the PRP liquid is used and this is best for skin rejuvenation.
- RegenPRP Vampire Facelift – where both the PRP liquid and PRP mixed with hyaluronic acid is used to rejuvenate the skin plus adding a little more volume to reduce the appearance of lines, folds and darkness under the eyes.
- RegenPRP/ HA – where just the PRP mixed with hyaluronic acid, it’s mainly used for hollowness under the eyes. This is ideal for patients who prefer not to go down the dermal filler route.
However there are patients who have come to me sharing that they had PRP in the past with other practitioners and it did not work. I always advise with any treatment, results depend on how healthy the patient is, their daily skin routine and the products and technique used by the practitioner. Some patients are nervous about this treatment as they’ve seen the very red picture of Kim Kardashian in the media.
I created this video to share with you a live treatment with one of my longest standing patients. In this video, I only did the PRP without the peel, micro-needling or light. By adding more modalities, there may be more skin preparation and downtime.
If you would like to know if you would be suitable for this treatment, you can also watch a more recent video I created “Is PRP Vampire Facelift right for you?”
I hope you found this blog useful and if you have any questions or would like to book in for a consultation to assess your suitability, you can contact my team on 0207 127 8108, email info@DrTerry.com or complete our Contact Form.
Until then, continue learning and stay beautiful.